• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ansmann racing is no more!

SirusDviruS

Its not really an issue as Team-C made 99% of all their rc's anyway. So most of the Team-C parts will cross straight over. As far as i know they are supporting spares for 2 years. So its nothing to be worried about if you are a Ansmann owner imo.

This is true, sadly Ansmann, who are a very large European company (they do a vast amount of electrics, energy) will be closing Ansmann Racing, their RC division at the end of this year as it just wasn't worth while for them.

The majority of their models are the same as those branded as "Team C" distributed by SMD and sold at Modelsport, so all your spares can still be purchased! :)

http://www.modelspor...facturerID=1231

This is the Mad Rat "Jekyll":

http://www.modelspor...products/369400

Mad Monkey "Lupuz":

http://www.modelspor...products/369397

The Virus, although not Team C will still have a vast amount of spares still available, Modelsport are ensuring there is a health amount of spares for the continued future! Don't be put off purchasing these just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if another company picks these up too. :)

Like all good models, they eventually come to an end and even things like the Rex-X, which was just as popular as the Virus back in the day, you can still get spares for.

Simply RC will also be closing. For most things, Etronix and Fastrax do alternatives. :good:

I heard this months ago, also got told that they are making a move to the helicopter side of RC :thumbsup:

It was only announced last week though the introduction to Team C in the UK didn't make it a surprise.

There is no plans for them to continue in RC, the staff are being made redundant.

Ansmann have been 'downsizing' their RC arm for a while: They dumped the 'big name' drivers from their newly built up race team over a year ago, scaled back new releases and sold off a lot of stock. Therefore a lot of people have seen this as coming - though admittedly I expected more of a 'fade away' than an outright closure.

i got told about ansmann a week ago from a mate of mine bit odd tho from what i can tel thay were doing ok things happen tho sorry to see them go made some good things

Oh no, how will I keep my Royal Flash running now??? :hahadance:

id sell it wen you can rats sinking ship i got rid of my virus i made that mistake wen ripmax lost kyosho i had a fw05 superten and a spider pureten i lost big money hanging on to them

well it makes sence now why thay have been discontiuing items over the last 6 months or so, only have a mad rat and thats in the loft, load of parts about still but no doubt people will cash in and up the prices

I got rid of My Ansmann Kryptonite ages ago - seen a few "pro" kits from Germany pop up on ebay - I am slightly tempted lol

Oh wait, i'm already in trouble for buying too much rc stuff lol

Im sure many of you are aware of my thoughts on ansmann , I will keep quiet :whistling:

bit unfair is that though jack, i have had a few and for the money they cost, i dont think you can go wrong.

also there steel motor pinions, greases, tools are all very good quality.

i have just recently bought a set of tools made by ansmann and as far as i can see the tips are up to eds standards but about half the price, ok the handles might not look as nice but gives a good grip to hold.

sad day to see ansmann call it a day. i though they were doing well, shows how the economy is though, no one is safe.....

• Like 1

bit unfair is that though jack, i have had a few and for the money they cost, i dont think you can go wrong.

also there steel motor pinions, greases, tools are all very good quality.

i have just recently bought a set of tools made by ansmann and as far as i can see the tips are up to eds standards but about half the price, ok the handles might not look as nice but gives a good grip to hold.

sad day to see ansmann call it a day. i though they were doing well, shows how the economy is though, no one is safe.....

I agree on the greases and pinions and can't comment on the drivers . I have had the rebranded rw ansmann pinions and they are great .

Im sorry for the employee's but from past experiences i dislike the cars .

My cousins is horrible and falls apart/breaks if you look at it funny .

I have had to many run-ins in the last few weeks over this and for that reason (and not making enemy's ) im shutting up .

Thanks , Jack .